IT Technician - Tier 2 (Weins Canada Inc)
Weins Canada is currently seeking a highly motivated IT Technician - Tier 2 to join our successful and dynamic team. We are looking for a passionate, results-driven and career-minded individual with attention to detail who takes pride in a job well done. Weins Canada has built a reputation for success becoming one of the country's largest automotive groups that takes pride in 13 dealerships. A skills test will be conducted during the technical interview.
Weins Canada Offers
- Competitive pay plan along with a comprehensive benefits plan (with options to suit your needs)
- Employee benefits i.e./ Group RRSP Plans
- Tools for success include: ongoing training and management support
- Provide opportunities for career growth within our organization
- Educational Assistance Program
- Vehicle purchase program
- Employee discounts on products and services and so much more!
- Install or replace new or replacement hardware and software as requested by the IT Manager,
- Assist users either in person, over the phone or by digital communication to assess their technical requirements.
- Create and maintain various user lists.
- Coordinate installation of hardware, software and maintenance of PC’s and peripherals.
- General support as required by the IT Manager.
- Support and installation of computer systems
- Assist users with hardware and software issues, including the removal of malware and virus.
- Assist IT Manager with planning and reviewing software, hardware and “Near IT” components
- Provide guidance and assistance utilizing strong, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Multi-task and manage a variety of diverse requests, priorities, and activities
- Undertake responsibilities at all of our dealerships.
- Keeping up to date on policies, standards, and industry terminology
- Participating in training sessions to refresh known material and learn new material
- Other duties, projects, etc. as requested by management.
- A diploma in a recognized post-secondary program in computer technology PLUS one year of specialized training is required
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience deploying computers and solving PC, network, OS and other technical issues and providing client support in a structured help desk environment (or an equivalent of experience and education).
- MCSE certification in Windows OS, Office 365, Sharepoint and Windows Server is considered an asset.
- Experience supporting software – including Office Suite, email clients, internet browsers and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with network security mechanisms and networking protocols is required.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills, organizational skills and presentation skills
- Troubleshooting skills with an ability to resolve basic IT issues in a reasonable timeframe
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethics with a proven reliability factor
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License and transportation for offsite work (mileage reimbursement provided)
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of our recruitment process as required under AODA. Please advise us in advance if you require accommodation.
Type: Permanent; Full-Time