Service Manager (Thornhill Toyota)
Posted On: February 17, 2021
Thornhill Toyota, a division within Weins Canada Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Automotive Service Manager.
If you are looking for a challenging, exciting, and fulfilling career, supporting the dealership, staff, and customers; while playing an essential role in building and growing our business, this is a great opportunity!
- Responsible for the day to day operations and profitability of the service department
- Overseeing the smooth operations in all areas of the service department including the quality performance, customer commitment, customer satisfaction, and overall effectiveness
- Forecast goals and objectives for sales, gross, and key expenses on a monthly and annual basis
- Hire, coach, train and reward employees to advance and achieve department objectives
- Work alongside the service department and train associates on dealership’s policies and procedures
- Maintaining a customer-focused environment, keeping customer service a priority, addressing customer complaints professionally and settling disputes to ensure customer satisfaction
- Strive to continuously improve the average CSI score
- Develop, execute, and follow effective customer relations policies
- Establish good working relationships with the service department, manage technician productivity, work with Shop Forman to ensure customer vehicles are serviced properly and in a timely manner
- Monitoring technical work performed on customer vehicles to ensure the effectiveness of the Technical Foreman and Technicians
- Coordinates and work with the parts department in regards to availability and sublets operations in order to support and maximize the performance of the Service Advisors
- Manages warranty administration, including effective communication of warranty policy and procedure to customers and staff, the review and application of warranty policy and ensuring correct processing of claims
- Ensure the department is in compliance with federal and provincial regulations that affect servicing vehicles, as well as having industry awareness on vehicle trends, pricing, product availability and market conditions
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Service Management within automotive retail is required
- Prior parts experience an asset.
- Experience with Reynolds and Reynolds is required
- Possesses technical training from a technical college, high school co-op program, and/or manufacturers’ training program. A candidate who possesses a qualified “Class A” technician certification is considered an asset
- Strong working knowledge with computers and Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Strong operational leadership abilities (transparency, reporting, safety first, policy and compliance adherence etc.)
- Possesses knowledge of applicable local, provincial, and federal regulations and laws pertaining to automotive parts and service
- Must be able to open and close repair work orders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License with clean driver’s abstract
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with AODA. If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please indicate this in advance.